Monday, February 15, 2010

Uncovered

Spiritually and physically speaking, that day in that hospital room, I was healed! I believe that sincerely. Spiritually, God uncovered my sin and I realized that I couldn't do "life" without Him! Not just my sin though...it was everything that this life throws at you. God wants us to completely rely on Him because we want to. That song by Cheap Trick "I Want You to Want Me", comes to mind when I think of how God wants our relationship with Him to be. I was lying there in that hospital bed, and for the first time I felt the freest I ever have! I understood for the first time just how helpless I was without him! But, as my mother continued reading the card my brother sent, Philippians 4:13 made me realize that ONLY with Christ would I be able to say "I can do all things" and in whatever state I'm in. Paul said it best. He knew what it was like to be on top of the "world" AND scraping the bottom of the barrel, but it did not matter what state he was in. He knew that it was ONLY with Christ that he could endure "life." Paul was in prison for much of his Christian life, but he was freer than the guards that were stationed to keep watch over him! That's precisely how I felt that day! I was captive in a body that wouldn't move, but I was FREE! I was dancing in my spirit, and still do.

After mother finished reading my card to me, the first person I called was my MawMaw (southern for Grandmother). She was my spiritual giant! She and my PawPaw (yep, you guessed it...southern for Grandfather)were the ones that saw to it that I was in church as a child. They instilled in me principle's that I didn't recognize until I became an adult, but their investment in me when I was a child has meant a "world" of difference. When I spoke to Mawmaw, I told her that I had been healed and that I wanted our pastor to call me because I wanted to share it with him, as well. Can you say "dead air?" I was so excited to tell both of them that I had been healed and both of their responses threw me for a loop. Silence. "Hello? Did you hear me? I'm healed!" The old saying that silence is golden...not so much. I expected excitement! Over joyous, "Praise the Lord!" or something! When they did finally respond, which was after my explanation, they were happy. I suppose it was one of those moments that "you just have to be there" for you to really be able to "get it." They were both very happy for me, but they hadn't experienced the freedom that I had just experienced only moments before.

I wish I could say that my years "walking" with my Lord have all been a cake walk, but I can't. I've even gone so far as to reshackle myself! But a promise that I cling to is that God is faithful, even when I'm not. What that means is that He ever changes, so I don't have to guess at His whereabouts, or how He will treat me when I come crawling back on my knees. Oh, and did I mention that He loves you so much that He will do whatever it takes to get your attention? Well, He does that for me, and I am able to take the shackles of guilt and regret back off, because His arms never close! He's always waiting! It is His desire to uncover and expose your sin and weaknesses so that He can cover them with His blood and bring you into total recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment